Wine and skiing enjoyment
Culinary delights with skiing in the Hochkönig region
Skiing and wining & dining like a king
Austria's greatest ski paradise also has outstanding things to offer when it comes to the pleasures of eating and drinking. The mountain lodges in Ski amadé win over their guests with their high quality and comfortable atmosphere. Some years ago, working with its partner Österreich Wein Marketing (ÖWM), Ski amadé launched an initiative to put the focus on pleasure while skiing. This initiative brings wine culture into the mountain lodges and offers you the opportunity to taste outstanding wines.
In all partner lodges, you can choose your favourite wine from a wide range and drink it with a fine meal, or relax and enjoy your glass on the sunny terrace. Those who would like to find out more about Austrian wine culture will be very well informed at the special mountain lodges.
Ski hutsMARIA ALM
"Bio lamp/Vegetables/Mint/Thyme" inclusice pairings from well known austrian winemakers.
You will be able to sample and purchase tasty products from the market stands at the Bürglalm.
You will be able to try local products and purchase these tasty products from local producers "Waldangerhof" at the Gabühelhütte market stands.
Paussbauer: Bacon, Cheese, Schnapps
- Bacon, Lamp specialities (Mayer Sepp, Bischofshofen)
- Sausages (Home made)
- Cheese (Home made)
- Blueberry-vinegar (Home made)
- Bread (Bauer, Mühlbach)
- Honey (Mayrhofer, Bischofshofen)
- Jams (Wieser, Mühlbach)
- Juices (Wieser, Mühlbach)
- Body creams (Erlbacher, Radstadt)
- Pine wood (Mayerhofer, Bischofshofen)
- Oils and vinegars (Homemade)
- Bread (Homemade)
- Herbs/Teas/Spices (Homemade)
- Schnapps and Liqueurs
- Farmers donuts sweet or with meat
Motto: Various meat of venison by Christian Haslbeck.
- Smoked products
You will be able to find a broad range of specialities, "Bauernkrapfen" (doughnuts) and dumplings in the menue of the Wastlalm.
- Pinzgauer "Kasnock´n" : Home made quenelles and cheese from the regional diary factory „Pinzgau Milch aus Maishofen"
- Blueberry "Kaiserschmarren": Kaiserschmarren made with Eggs by Fritzenwanker , milk by diary factory „Pinzgau Milch" and hand-picked blueberries from the local mountain the „Aberg“
At the 17th of march 2081 Wine tasting by Winery Beyer
- 11.03 Dumpling day - Sweet & Sour
- 13.03 Regional inspired dishes wit wine pairing
- 15.03 Cheese, Ham & Products of venison
The market visitor on skis can also even have a tasting at some stalls: Blattlkrapfen with sauerkraut, perhaps, or real Pinzgauer Kasnocken.
A drive-in farmers’ market. And so one samples one’s way through the specialities of the region – from savoury to sweet and from heavily to lightly seasoned.