Through the Hochkönig region in Salzburg on mountain bike
The most beautifil tours for MTB and eMTB
Alternating forest and meadows promise riding fun with a 285 m difference in altitude.
Biking without luggage? Very easy on the Königstour. The luggage is already waiting in the next location.
E-bikes are on the rise. But one is well positioned in the world's first region with e-bike charging stations on the mountain.
The Hochkönig Card take both mountain bikers and their bikes free up with the cable car where the bike guides awaits you to the guided tour.
Let's go to the biking paradise Hochkönig!
- Every Tuesday & Friday guided eMTB tours, 10:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Every Monday & Thursday guided MTB tours, from 10:00 am, all-day
Our bike guides also offer individually guided MTB and eMTB tours:
- BikeMax: 15% discount with the Hochkönig Card on all MTB, racing bike, and eMTB tours as well as riding technique training. Registration at: Tel. +43 660 5773279
- Porti Sport: 15% discount with the Hochkönig Card on MTB and eMTB tours, 20% discount with the Hochkönig Card on bike rental. Registration at: Tel. +43 6461 300-0
1. Health check
Mountain biking is an endurance sport. Ensure that you are in good health and don’t overestimate your capabilities!
2. Careful planning
Make thorough preparations (maps, books, internet, weather) and adjust your tour in line with the conditions!
3. Only use approved routes
Only ride on roads and paths that are open to bikers and respect local restrictions!
4. Check your bike
Check the brakes, air pressure, tyres, suspension and gearshift each time before heading off. Have your bike checked by an expert once a year!
5. Fully equipped
No rucksack should be without the following: warm clothing, rain protection, repair kit, first aid kit, mobile phone, light, gloves, eyewear, food and drinks!
6. Always wear a helmet
Whether heading uphill or downhill, always wear a helmet! Additional protectors can help prevent injury.
7. Pedestrians have the right of way
Be a considerate rider by announcing your presence early and reducing your speed. Keep away from hiking paths with lots of walkers!
8. Check your speed
Adjust your speed to the conditions and always be ready to use your brakes!
9. Keep it clean
Controlled braking prevents soil erosion and damage to the paths. Be sure to pick up your rubbish and don’t make too much noise!
10. Show compassion for animals
Ride during daylight hours to avoid disturbing the animals. Approach at walking pace and close pasture fences after passing through!
Head comfortably up the mountain by gondola or chair lift and then continue your MTB or eMTB excursion or enjoy a downhill ride.
Summer lifts with bike transport:
- Dorfj@t Natrun, Maria Alm
- 6er Sesselbahn Schwarzeckalm, Maria Alm
- 6er Sesselbahn Bürglalm, Dienten
- Kabinenbahn Karbachalm, Mühlbach
Whether you bring your own bike and need spare parts or repairs, or if you prefer to rent a MTB or eMTB: you will get expert bike advice here.
Bike rental 20% discount with the Hochkönig Card:
- Maria Alm: Intersport, Sport Löb, Sport Mayer
- Dienten: Porti Sport
- Mühlbach: BK Bike
The over 2 km long, new flowtrail through forests and over fields promises pure riding fun and tons of "Wows" with an altitude change of 285 m.
FLOWTRAIL HOCHKÖNIG - Dienten
The 4,2 km long new flowtrail in Dienten with a 550 m difference in altitude promises family fun pure!
The flowtrail was completed in August 2017.