Vegan & vegetarian enjoyment on the Hochkönig
The Hochkönig region warmly welcomes vegetarians and vegans to Austria's only certified vegan region! Those who do not eat meat and animal products based on their principles can fully enjoy themselves here. In numerous select businesses in the valley and in the mountains, the menus have been completely rewritten. Here, there are vegetarian and vegan treats on the menu.
Whether breakfast, a snack at a hut, or dinner - the expectations of vegans and vegetarians will be exceeded in hotels, restaurants, inns, cafés, alpine huts, and ski huts in the Hochkönig region. Along with regional delicacies, there is always at least one vegan dish as well as one vegan cocktail on the menu. Even meat eaters will be tempted by the mouth-watering vegan and vegetarian dishes. Hochkönig culinary delights don't have to include animal products to be delicious - try it for yourself!
Criterias of certified businesses
- Maria Alm: Almhof, Hotel Eder, Handlerhof, Hotel Niederreiter, Moserwirt und Hotel Thalerhof
- Dienten: Hotel Salzburgerhof
- Mühlbach: Alpengasthof Kopphütte, Hotel Bergheimat, Hotel Gasthof Grünholz, Gasthof Paussbauer
- Maria Alm: Jufenalm, Steinbockalm und Wastlalm
- Dienten: Zachhofalm
- Mühlbach: Karbachalm, Pronebenalm, Tiergartenalm und Zapferlalm
- Maria Alm: Steinbockalm, Tischlerhütte und Wastlalm
- Dienten: Zachhofalm
- Mühlbach: Fellersbachalm, Karbachalm, Tiergartenalm und Zapferlalm
Vegan food has become a trend. More and more people are giving up not only fish and meat but also dairy products and eggs. In process, they no longer conform to the cliché of dogmatic and colorless ascetics: today's vegans are athletic and health-conscious.
Selected huts, restaurants, hotels and even a bakery in the Hochkönig Region have, in addition to the traditional treats, at least one vegan dish as well as one vegan drink on the menu. The dishes are inspired by the famous vegan cook, Attila Hildmann, one of the most important protagonists in the vegan scene.
- 3/ 7 nights in booked category
- 3/ 6-days ski pass
- Vegan refreshment along the kingstour
- Vegan cookbook